Question & Answer
- Long Title Under Religious Views - Question: I was just wondering what the deal was with that long title under religious views in your Facebook account?
Answer: Here is the title: Wesleyan-Arminian non-sectarian non-conformist conservative.
1. Wesleyan-Arminian — The following link has a few errors but close enough.
2. Non-sectarian — I am against divisions and sect making. Many [...]
- Bob There Was Some Thing Wrong With You - Question: Bob have you realized that it was not a man or ideology that was all to blame but there was something wrong with you or you would not have so easily fallen prey to Restoration error.
Answer: To some degree, yes I have. All those that have been a part [...]
- A Fornicator Saved In The Day Of The Lord Jesus - Questions: Paul mentions in 1 Corinthians 5 that the fornicating man is to be handed over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. How can his spirit be saved in the day of the Lord if [...]
- What About The Sin Not Unto Death - Question: What about the sin that is not unto death in 1 John 5:16? This clearly shows that a Christian can sin and it is not unto death.
Answer: Concerning “them that sin not unto death” (1Joh 5:16). I would see this is a willful and known sin that can be [...]
- What About Peter’s Hypocrisy - Question: What about Peter’s sin of hypocrisy mentioned in Galations 2:11 that Paul withstood him for? Here we have not only a Christian but a Christian minister sinning!
Answer: “The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy.” (Gal [...]
- What About Them That Sin Rebuke Before All - Question: What of this scripture which speaks of elders “Them that sin rebuke before all” in 1 Tim 5:20? If Christians don’t sin why the instruction to rebuke those that sin?
Answer: “Them that sin rebuke before all” 1Tim 5:20. This is speaks of elders rebuking those they have the oversight [...]
- Will God Save All That Come To Him - Question: Would one who has fallen away in the sense spoken of Heb 6:6 care? How does one know if the Spirit is convicting them? If a person does repent, will God reject them?
Answer: No I don’t think a person that has fell away from Christ in the sense that [...]
- How Do We Stop Falling Into Sexual Sin? - Question: Me and my boyfriend are both born again believers, he has been a christian for 5 years and I have for just over 6 months. We have had a problem with sexual sin and are continually trying to fight this temptation. How do we prevent this from happening again?
- Differences Between Wesley and the Holiness People - Question: What are the differences between what Wesley taught and what the Holiness people currently are teaching on entire sanctification?
Answer: The main differences between Wesley and the Holiness people on entire sanctification are as follows:
1) Wesley held the people in the OT could experience entire sanctification. Most holiness people teach [...]
- What Is Faith? - Question: Can you describe faith in short?
Answer: Faith is belief, confidence, dependence, and trust in something or someone.
Regarding salvation, it is by grace (unmerited mercy) through faith (heart belief, confidence, dependence, and trust) in the merits of Christ, His death, resurrection, and sacrifice for sin (Eph 2:8). This faith is [...]
- Why Is the Biblical Definition of Sin Important? - Question: Why is the biblical definition of sin important?
Answer: The Biblical definition of sin under the New Testament covenant is one of the most important questions for believers and non-believers alike.
Is sin any short-coming, as in getting irritated, going 5km over the posted speed limit, being late for an appointment? [...]
- Emotions in Private and Public Worship - Question: Is it true that emotionalism is mistaken for spirituality, and doesn’t the glory of God manifest itself in a person living like Jesus did; denying self and the flesh to serve others?
Answer: I would agree with you that the glory of God is holy, selfless, sanctified living that has [...]
- Impossible to Renew Them Again unto Repentance - Question: If a person loses their salvation by willful acts of sin, what of verses such as Hebrews 6:6, which state that should a person fall away, they cannot be renewed again to repentance?
Answer: I would view Heb 6:6 in the same way I would view the blasphemy against the [...]
- Questions from ‘Perfect Love’ - I just posted the questions from E.T. Curnick’s A Catechism on Christian Perfection, and I thought it would be good while I am on the subject to post the questions from J.A. Wood’s book ‘Perfect Love’.
J.A. Wood’s book ‘Perfect Love’ had two main editions, the original edition when the book [...]
- Questions from ‘A Catechism on Christian Perfection’ - I finished reading E.T. Curnick’s 203-page book ‘A Catechism on Christian Perfection’ this morning. As I noted in my post A Catechism On Christian Perfection, I purchased 2 copies since the one I was reading was borrowed.
This book is very much like J.A. Wood’s book ‘Perfect Love’. Both books are [...]
- Q&A: If You Fall into Sin, Do You Lose Your Sonship? - Ques. When the sanctified fall into actual sin, do they lose their sonship?
Ans. They forfeit both fellowship with God and spiritual sonship. Communion with God depends upon walking in the light as God is in the light (1 John i. 7). No man can retain his sonship who is “guilty [...]
- Q&A: Are You Trusting in Your Own Holiness? - Question: As far as your doctrine of sinlessness, in my most honest of opinions, it is the silliest doctrine that anyone could hold. I have spoken with a number of young men from the Church of God Restoration that have clearly and plainly told me that they are trusting in [...]
- Q&A: Do Christians Lose Salvation When They Sin? - Questions: I have heard that you believe that when a Christian sins, they are now lost from God and need to be born again, again. Is this true?
Answer: Yes, I would hold when a Christian commits a willful sin then they are not longer saved.
- Q&A: How ‘Sin among Brethren’, When ‘Free from Sin’? - Question: The following scripture seems to indicate that love among the brethren covers sin. What sin would that be if it seems to be among the brethren? “And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins” (1Pet 4:8).
Answer: Christian love or charity [...]
- Q&A: Are Children Sinners? - Question: In the case of a child then, you would believe that even though they may do many things that seem to be sinful, they are not considered a sinner until they knowingly are going against God himself. Right?
Answer: With a child I hold that the Scriptures teach that from [...]
- Q&A: Where Does Jesus Come Into Your Doctrine? - Question: Bob, I see all your writings on living a sin-free life. I am all for that, but where does Jesus come into your doctrine?
Answer: “When by grace with godly sorrow and repentance through faith a person believes in their heart (Rom 10:9) on the merits of the death and [...]
- Q&A: Dangerous for Sinners to Seek Godly Sorrow? - Question: I believe your teaching will cause a sinner to seek out a godly sorrow or wonder if they had enough godly sorrow to work repentance in them. I have seen people respond that way to what you are teaching. Don’t you believe that this is dangerous?
Answer: I think a [...]
- Suggestions and Questions - Feel free to send in your suggestions for features that you think would be nice to have on this blog. Also if you have questions, feel free to submit them on the contact page and Lord willing I will try to answer them.
I would prefer questions that are geared toward [...]