- How I Got Victory Over Committing Willful Sins - A number of years ago in my Christian experience I backslide and fell into willful and known sins. I struggled for around three years in a cycle of willful sinning then repentance only to fall back into willful sinning again.
I wept, I cried, I tried, I struggled — only [...]
- The Seven Causes of Salvation - I found the following seven causes of salvation in a note from Edward F. Walker in H. Orton Wiley’s Christian Theology, page 479.
1. The first cause is the holy Father.
Jud 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the [...]
- 01-24-09 - I just go back from a 20km bike ride and I weighed in at 180.8 pounds which is a new low for me.
I still plan on getting a new scale as the scales told me first things this morning I was 183.8 pounds which has to be completely off. [...]
- Greek Does Not Display in FireFox - Update: See FireFox 3.x Now Displays Greek Fonts post. Firefox 3.x never had a problem. My WordPress install had UTF-8 setup wrong : (
On Nov 4 of this year, Mozilla Development Center reported that FireFox web browser had achieved 20% World Wide Market Share. I converted to using Firefox back [...]
- God’s Part & Man’s Part in Salvation - The unsaved person is totally depraved.
Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
No one can come to Christ on their own. It is only though the awakening power of the Father – by the Spirit – that anyone would even think of [...]
- Leading Your Children to Christ - Children are very lovable. They are beautiful, very innocent, and when brought up in the fear of the Lord, they are the epitome of purity. Christian parents have the huge responsibility to raise up their children in a home of modesty and holiness and to lead them to Christ.
Children from [...]
- Instructions For New Christians - A New Christian Does Whatever the Lord Asks!
The following are points that every new Christian needs to prayerfully consider:
1. Accountability — Find an on-fire dedicated sin-free mature Christian of the same gender and ask them to disciple and mentor you, to be your prayer partner, and to hold you [...]
- True Conversion - True Conversion to become Christ like, you first must be truly converted. If you’re living in willful disobedience to God (Eph 5:6), you are still in the kingdom of darkness and need to be translated into God’s kingdom (Col 1:13). There is no place for disobedience (Joh 14:24; 1Joh [...]
- Booklet Update — How to be More Christ Like - How To Become More Christ Like has been updated and the new edition has gone from 12 pages to 16 pages. I added a section on having a holy body (1Cor 7:34) and did some other updates on the other topics that are in the booklet.
While I know the booklet [...]
- New Booklet — A Call To Backslidders - I got up early Saturday morning and read John Wesley’s sermon on A Call To Backslidders and enjoyed it so much that I put it into booklet form and printed a short run.
He deals with those that doubt that the mercy of God can be extended to them after they [...]
- Is Your Body Holy? - Here is a short study on what the Bible says about our bodies:
–You are a spirit in a body (Jam 2:26).
–If you are a child of God your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit of God (1Cor 6:19).
–You are to be hard on your body and bring it [...]
- John Wesley’s Sermons on the Sin Question - In the last couple of days I have been going over John Wesley’s sermons on the issue of sin and the believer and I thought I would recommend a number of his messages for you to read that relate to these subjects.
Next to understanding clearly what the Bible teaches on [...]
- Who is a Jew, Israel, and Jerusalem? - I would hold that the Bible teaches the church has replaced Israel as God’s people. Christians are inwardly Jews, called the house of Israel, and are referred to as Jerusalem.
A Christian is a Jew inwardly:
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that [...]
- 24 Reasons Not to Betray Christ -
1. You will no longer be happy and blessed (Rom 4:7).
Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
2. You will be miserable (Rom 3:16).
Destruction and misery are in their ways.
3. You will be in distress and agony (Rom 7:24).
O wretched man that I am.
4. You will [...]
- Salvation by Works? - From time to time I am accused of believing in salvation by works. Typically those that make these charges will hold that I believe in salvation but faith and works even through I clearly tell them I believe in salvation by grace alone though faith alone and if faith doesn’t [...]
- My Personal Testimony - Sitting here at my keyboard with tears of joy running down my face I offer up thanksgiving to Jesus for the change he has made in my life. I feel such full joy and praise this morning in my soul for what Christ as done for me that I [...]
- Retire Early and Get up Early - This is one of the most important things a Christian can do. If you don’t retire early you will not get up early. If you don’t get up early you will not have proper devotions. If you don’t have proper devotions your Christian life will be up [...]