I found the following seven causes of salvation in a note from Edward F. Walker in H. Orton Wiley’s Christian Theology, page 479.
1. The first cause is the holy Father.
Jud 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called.
2. The procuring cause is the holy Son.
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
3. The efficient cause is the Holy Spirit.
1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
4. The determining cause is the divine will.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
5. The meritorious cause is the sacrifice of Jesus.
Heb 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
6. The instrumental cause is the truth of God.
Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
7. The conditional cause is faith in Christ.
Act 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.