Here are some of the thoughts the Lord give me as I looked to the sky this morning during my morning devotions.
1. Start your morning in prayer that Christ will come. Look to the sky throught the window in your prayer closet and meditate on what it will be like when Christ comes.
2. Through out your day look up and think of the joy you will have at the coming of Christ when he calls this world into judgment. Meditate on those in your family that will not be ready and pray for them asking God to open a place for you to talk to them. Ask God to give you a deeper soul burden of them.
3. Memerize the following verses and meditate on them throught the day.
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
1Pet 3:10-12 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
4. Ask two people that you don’t know if Jesus came back today do they think they would be ready.
5. Phone one unsaved relative and have a good general conversation with them on how there life is going and in closing tell them you have been thinking about the coming of Christ and are concerned that they will be ready.
6. Contact one Christian you know that is going throught a struggle and remind them Jesus is is coming soon. We are commanded to comfort one another with these words.
7. Call or visit some children and teaching them to sing “Jesus may come in the morning, Jesus may come at noon, Jesus may come in the evening so keep your heart in tune.” Instruct them on the doctrine of the coming of Christ and have them look at the sky and tell you what they thing will happen at his coming. Encourage them to take time each morning to look to the sky during their devotional time and look for Jesus. The older children should be asked if Jesus came now do they think they would be ready.
8. Search you own soul at make sure you would be ready if he came just now!
I am working on completing these 8 things today and I will post in the comments later how it when. I challenge you my readership to do all these 8 things and post in the comments how it when for you.