Wind Turbine manufacturers or dealers should be asked the following questions about the wind turbines they are selling.
1. Do you have yearly recorded data from installed turbines showing the kWh produced and the average annual wind speed for that area?
2. Is the monitoring of any of your wind turbines accessible from the Internet?
3. At what wind speed does the turbine start generating power?
4. What is the turbine rating in kWh for different wind speeds? Are these real-life calculations or equation calculations? If equation calculations what coefficient of performance (cP) was used?
5. Can you provide me with a list of customers who own one of your wind turbines?
6. What is the warranty period and coverage and is it on-site or offsite?
7. Have you done reliability test for your wind turbine and if so for how long and what was the results?
8. How long have you been producing turbines and how many have you sold?
9. Do you have service stats?
10. What problems have your customers encountered with your wind turbines? Have you have wind turbines returned and if so why? Have you been taken to court over product issues? Are you a member of the BBB and if so how is your record?