I had a reader email me and ask me what is the best way to run e-Sword on the Mac. I googled around and this is what I came up with.
1. You need Tiger 10.4.x installed on an Intel Mac.
2. You need to install the X11 package. Insert your Mac OS X Install DVD and find the Optional Installs and doubleclick on that icon and when the install Options Installs dialog box comes up click on continue, continue, agree, select the destination volume, continue, expand the Applications folder and select the X11 folder and click on install.
Expand Applications Folder and Select X11 Folder:
3. Download the Mac e-Sword DMG file (205MB) from the What is Razar site.
4. Doubleclick the “mac_e-sword.dmg” file to mount it, open the mounted “mac_e-sword” drive and doubleclick “runme.command” (this opens a terminal window — wait for the “[Process Completed]” message).
Wait for [Process Completed] to Come up in the Terminal Window:
5. Open your “Applications” folder, then click the “Darwine” folder and then click on the “Sample WineLib Applications” folder.
Find the Sample WineLib Applications Folder:
6. Then click on the clock.exe file and then click “More Info” to open up the more info dialog box.
Open up the More Info Dialog Box:
7. In the “clock.exe Info” dialog window select the down arrow in “Open with” and select “Other…” from the drop-down box.
Open up the Choose Other Application by selecting Other:
8. In the Choose Other Application dialog box click on the “Darwine” folder, open it, select the file “WineHelper.app” and then click on the “Add” button.
Select the Add Button in the Choose Other Application Dialog Box:
9. Go back in the “clock.exe Info” window and click on the “Change All…” button and when you are asked “Are you sure you want to change all your WineHelper documents to open with the application “WineHelper”? click on the Continue button. Then close all windows.
Click on the Continue Button:
10. Open your “Applications” folder and fine a file called e-Sword and doubleclick on it to start the e-Sword program.
Find the e-Sword Program and Doubleclick to Start e-Sword:
If you have a 1.8GHz G5 iMac with 10.4.11 installed, 1GB RAM with a 250GB hard drive like me you will get a “You cannot open the application because it is not supported on this system” : (
Error Message I get on my G5 iMac:
Looks like the e-Sword program requires a Intel Mac to run the program?