I am planning on offering free coaching to committed Christians in the Aylmer area that want help in loosing weight. The target people are those that are 50lbs or more over weight.
I will be taking on a limited number of people at a time so it will be a first come first serve basics. If this interests you feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com or phone me at 519-636-6636.
The weight loss plan I am recommending will be based on lifestyle change, consuming low calorie and high fiber foods, meal portion control, and exercise.
This is the same diet that I have used to loose ~30lbs in the last ~3 months.
An exercise routine will be worked out and the calories burned will be subtracted from your non exercisecalorie maintenance level to give you your exercising calorie maintenance level.
Then from your exercising calorie maintenance number 1000 calories will be subtracted. This will give you the number of calorie you can intake per day while on the diet.
This will enable you to lose 2lbs a week or about 10lbs a month.
Here are the steps to getting started:
1. As I view loosing weight is a spiritual you need to be have victory over all willful sin. If you have not found grace from God to have victory over unlawful desires how will you ever find grace to have victory over the lawful desire of food. If you don’t have victory over willful sin then that is the area you need to be working on and deal with your weight problem later.
2. You need to have a God given conviction concerning your need to loose weight. You need to see that you lack temperance which is a fruit of the Spirit. Peter says that those that lack temperance are “blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins” (2Pet 1:9).
3. You need to make a commitment to follow through with the diet until you reach the weight goal you will set. Then you need to commit to continue with a exercising, portion control, healthy food lifestyle that will help you keep the weight off.
4. If you are married you need to have the support and a commitment to help from your spouse. The whole household is going to need to go through a lifestyle change.
5. You need to start making lifestyle changes even before you start the diet by stop consuming alcohol, processed foods, juices, sweets, fried foods, high gram to calorie ratio foods, and eating at fast food or all your can eat buffet restaurants.
6. Record all foods you eat each day for a 2 week period and work out the calories you are consuming each day. I will provide you with the tools so you will be able to work out the calories of the foods you are eating. In this process you will be learn two things. The gram to calorie ratio of different foods and you will see how many calories you are consuming each day.
7. Before you start the diet you need to make a public commitment to your family and church friends that you are going to lose weight and that God has given you a conviction that you need to do this. You need to ask them for pray support and that they will keep you accountable.
8. You will need to have a medical examination and get cleared by your doctor to go on a diet.
Scriptural Principles For Dieting:
Pro 23:2 And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.
1Co 6:19, 20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
1Co 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
The spiritual approach to losing weight where you have a conviction from God to glorify him in all that you eat and drink (1Cor 10:31) coupled with a public commit and prayer support from your church family gives you the purpose you will need to follow through and be successful in your dieting endeavor.