Practical Christian Living
- New Booklet — A Call To Backslidders - I got up early Saturday morning and read John Wesley’s sermon on A Call To Backslidders and enjoyed it so much that I put it into booklet form and printed a short run.
He deals with those that doubt that the mercy of God can be extended to them after they [...]
- Is Your Body Holy? - Here is a short study on what the Bible says about our bodies:
–You are a spirit in a body (Jam 2:26).
–If you are a child of God your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit of God (1Cor 6:19).
–You are to be hard on your body and bring it [...]
- Stop — Go Read and Pray - Please turn off your computer screen and go read & pray for 30 minutes!
- A Good Modesty Standard for Christians - I wear a hat and it is useful when there is immodesty around.
Here is a good modesty standard for Christian men and women. I learned this from the Faith & Victory people (thank you Ron and Ann) and some of it from the Restoration people (thank you Danny).
Men: Shoes and [...]
- Move Forward for God - All forward moves to do better spiritually must be supported by an increase in spiritual fervency. When we move into enemy territory we need a supply line, just like in the natural. If we try to move forward without this support line, we will soon find ourselves unable to hold [...]
- The Usefullness of a Small New Testament - I have been carrying a small New Testament in my shirt pocket for quite some time now, and I try to remember to take it with me everywhere I go. Many times I am able to pull it out and look up a scripture that has come to my mind [...]
- Progress From Grace to Sin in 8 Steps - I have been reading John Wesley’s sermons on the issue of sin and the believer in order to better understand his position on the issue of what happens if a Christian sins. In doing this, I just gained a better insight for myself on how I can resist temptation so [...]
- Are You Praying for Wisdom? - Wisdom is the ability to discern and exercise good judgment and it is developed by experience — well in most cases. We are told by James that “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall [...]
- Do You Know What Your Spiritual Needs Are? - The contents of this post comes from my list that I have been keeping in my offline journal for over a year – which I call My Personal Needs list. I pray over my list during morning devotions and ask God to help me with each area during the day. [...]
- 24 Reasons Not to Betray Christ -
1. You will no longer be happy and blessed (Rom 4:7).
Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
2. You will be miserable (Rom 3:16).
Destruction and misery are in their ways.
3. You will be in distress and agony (Rom 7:24).
O wretched man that I am.
4. You will [...]
- My Personal Testimony - Sitting here at my keyboard with tears of joy running down my face I offer up thanksgiving to Jesus for the change he has made in my life. I feel such full joy and praise this morning in my soul for what Christ as done for me that I [...]
- Retire Early and Get up Early - This is one of the most important things a Christian can do. If you don’t retire early you will not get up early. If you don’t get up early you will not have proper devotions. If you don’t have proper devotions your Christian life will be up [...]
- Grace Offered For Obedience -
Here are scriptures that support the position that God is able to keep his children from failing in temptations and falling into sin.
1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted [...]
- What Teaching Do You Hobby Horse? - One mark that shows a person or a group of people are off base is when their main emphasis is on some thing other than the two greatest commandments — loving the Lord with all your heart, mind, and strength (living a holy life) and loving your neighbor as yourself [...]
- How is Your Thought Life? - In yesterdays morning devotions I was meditating on Phil 4:8 and 2Cor 10:3-5.
Phil 4:8: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there [...]
- How to Deal with Disappointments - When things in your life don’t go the way you want them and disappointments come there are five important things we as Christians must do.
#1. Don’t give into pity, depression, or discouragement:
Some of us by nature are more susceptible to depression and feel sorry for ourselves than others. The [...]