- 2053 Nuclear Explosions - This video shows 2053 nuclear explosions by 7 countries from 1945 to 1998 based mostly from information from Nuclear Explosions 1945-1998 by Nils-Olov Bergkvist and Ragnhild Ferm.
See this very interesting video by clicking on the below Continue Reading link.
- Homes For Street People - There are a number of designers that are exploring humanitarian temporary housing designs for street people or those hit by natural disaster.
Winfried Baumann designs are instant housing or homeless people.
the Instant Housing Shelter is equipped with a retractable padded bed, first aid kit, mirror, whistle, multi tool, flashlight and plastic [...]
- Marwan Barghouti Is A Moderate Voice For Palestine - Barghouti is serving five life sentences following his conviction in the Israeli courts. I am hoping that Marwan Barghouti will be released in the prisoner trade for Gilad Shalit a Israeli soldier held by Hamas in Gaza.
Barghouti is a member of the central committee of Fatah and a member of [...]
- Bill 118: Ontario’s Countering Distracted Driving - Bill 118: Countering Distracted Driving and Promoting Green Transportation Act 2009
In April of this year, the Ontario legislature passed Bill 118 which makes it illegal to use hand-held cell phones, GPS devices and other electronic devices while driving in Ontario.
The Ontario Bill 118 takes effect on Oct 26th, 2009 and [...]
- Perimeter The Soviet Doomsday Machine - There is a article in Sept 17th issue of Wired Magazine called Inside the Apocalyptic Soviet Doomsday Machine that is very interesting and a good read.
While most Doomsday Machines are announced as a deterrence, the Perimeter system was to have been keep a secret from the US. It was not [...]
- Obama’s Health Care Speech To Congress - President Obama just gave another amazing speech on health care to a Joint Session of Congress.
- Jimmy Carter’s Interview on the Lastest Gaza War - Podcast of the CBC’s “The Current” for January 29, 2009:
[Audio clip: view full post to listen]
The above is a podcast of the CBC’s 19-minute interview with Jimmy Carter on his take on the latest Gaza war and what the hopes of peace are. The interview took place on January [...]
- From Jail to Freedom One Letter at a Time - I signed up at the London Library last week to receive letters to sign, which will be sent for me to the governments concerning cases of individuals that Amnesty International deems are having their basic human rights violated.
I am not endorsing either Amnesty International or Global Importune, but I do [...]