Personal Home & Stuff
- How Do You Pronounce Michael Ignatieff? - Looks like we will have a new leader for the Liberal Party in Canada. His name is very hard to pronounce, so I thought I would post the pronunciation of his name here. If you still find this too hard, you can refer to him as Iggy.
- More Snow Here in Aylmer, Ontario - Well, it snowed Saturday evening, so I went out and got my exercise, and then did a clean up Sunday morning before heading out to church meeting. I really love the summer and I am not a big winter fan.
Here are a few pictures for whatever there are worth. [...]
- Guacamole Dip -
I have been making guacomole dip for quite a long time, and I have to admit that it is one of my favorite foods. Martha White from Nooksack, Washington taught me how to make it about 24 years ago. The recipe has changed a bit over the years, and [...]
- New Tires On The Front - On November 2, I was praying for a safe trip to London and the Lord gave me a list of things I could do to be more safe.
One of the things was “Replace the tires that only have 10% wear left on them”.
I ordered a set of tires from Canadian [...]
- List on Steering Wheel - I put this list from God Answers Prayer on my steering wheel. I think being a Christian should make a person a safer and more responsible driver.
- Cannondale 1999 R500D Viper Red - Cannondale 1999 R500D RED Serial # 345D 709RRD2E54
Well I have been looking for a good road bike for awhile, and had my eye on this Cannondale when Ken wanted $600 for it. So, when he told me $400 for a one day special, I jumped at it after 30 minutes [...]
- Some Tiny Home Links - Note: Updated and republished.
The idea here is that you live in a small home that is on wheels, and you can park it and you don’t need a building permit – as it is not a permanent structure. What you do need to do however, is get it approved so [...]
- Tiny Home Gallery - Kent Griswold has a blog called Tiny House Blog. The follow pictures are from his Tiny House Gallery.
This is posted with the idea of downsizing out of your large home and big debt, to a tiny home so you can be debt free.
The idea of being debt free is:
1) To [...]
- Wagler Mini Barns - Wagler Mini Barns has Frank and Jake deliver their sheds for them, and they also have a service where they will move a shed for you. I just had them move a 8′ x 14.5′ shed for me from Aylmer out to Nova Scotia Line (about 10km). Laverne Zehr gave [...]
- Downsizing to a House the Size of a Shed - I have been thinking about the idea of small homes in relationship to my article Tips For Plain-Life Christians To Become Debt Free.
I have given up the newspaper and radio for now, but I usually check CNN.Com daily to keep track of U.S. and International news. Today in CNN’s Latest [...]
- My Flickr Account Slideshow - Well, I realize my Flickr pictures are not the best quality, (taken by the iPhone camera) so I am in the market for a quality camera. I plan to start taking more pictures to open up more of my life.
Here is a link to My Flickr Account Slideshow. I hope [...]
- John McCain on Abortion - Well, abortion is murder as far as I am concerned. While there are many negative things about McCain – like his support for the Iraq war – his record on voting pro-life is very clear.
I say a vote for McCain is a vote against abortion!
– Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. [...]
- Barack Obama on Abortion - Well, abortion is murder as far as I am concerned. While there are many positive things that Obama talks about, his record on voting pro-choice is very clear.
I say a vote for Obama is a vote for abortion!
– Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion. (Apr 2008)
– We [...]
- Trout Lake Trip - I was invited by the Weaver family to spend a week with them at Ron & Debbie Steele’s Cabin on Trout Lake which is located about 5km east of North Bay. Trout Lake is narrow and about 11km long. It flows into the Mattawa River, which feeds the Ottawa River, [...]
- Home of Bob & Susan Mutch - We live in the small community Aylmer, Ontario which has 6500 people and is about 150km from Toronto and 40km from London. Below are a few pictures of our home and car.
Home Sweet Home – well no, we are just passing through. Heaven is our home!
Back of our home
1999 Volvo [...]
- Kona Scrap - Here is a few pics of my bike and me. I mess around on the quarter pipe at the skateboard park, go up stairs (I can do the 13 stairs at the Mother of Sorrows RC chapel np), do a few things in the boy’s dirt bowl at the end [...]
- Saturday Night - Perhaps I received more good to my soul that the young people on Richmond Street that accepted the How To Become More Christ Like blooklets I passed out. It was sad to see how deeply the youth have imbibed in the spirit of drunkness and fleshly living.
Joy wells up [...]