Personal Home & Stuff
- February 6th 2010 Haircut - February 6th 2010 Haircut
This is my third haircut with my Conair Hair Cut Kit. I use a #2 on the sides and a #1 on the top. That puts me $5 to the good. (3 cuts at $8 per and it cost $19).
I can do a buzz job in [...]
- Break Sound Barrier Jumping From Edge Of Space - Felix Baumgartner will jump from 32km above the earth and will reach the speed of sound. Amazing what people can do if they put their mind to do it.
- Out With The Old - I removed 19 bulbs for sockets that won’t be used any more. Some lighting fixtures had more than one bulbs in them (both bathrooms) and some lighting fixtures just were not needed.
Some of our lights were already compact fluorescent light bulbs but from the below pile you can see [...]
- I Want A Pet Squirrel - This squirrel is sweet. I Want A Pet Squirrel!
- Are You Ready To Go - What if a meteor hit the earth — Are You Ready To Go?
- Maple Square Directory - I just bought the Maple Square – Canadian Internet Directory domain.
It ranks #5 in Google.ca for Internet Directory, the domain was registered in 1997, and I plan on setting it up with a similar design, categories and category content as it had in 2002.
Maple Square Canadian Internet Directory will [...]
- Hoodie - I got a Hoodie.
- 50 Best Inventions Of 2009 - Time’s 50 Best Inventions Of 2009
The Best Invention of the Year: NASA’s Ares Rockets
The Tank-Bred Tuna
The $10 Million Lightbulb
The Smart Thermostat
The Telescope for Invisible Stars
The AIDS Vaccine
Tweeting by Thinking
The Electric Eye
The Mercury Probe
The Personal Carbon Footprint
The Solar Shingle
The Handheld Ultrasound
The Planetary Skin
The $20 Knee
A Watchdog for Financial [...]
- Hair Cut Time - Well I had lots of fun tonight. I when to Canadian Super Store in St. Thomas and got a Conair Hair Cut Kit for $19! I normally get 4 hair cuts a year which cost me all of $32. So I will save $13 the first year and [...]
- Google Maps Navigation - Google’s free turn-by-turn navigation for Maps is the news for the day.
Google Maps Navigation is an internet-connected GPS navigation system with voice guidance. It is part of Google Maps for mobile and is available for phones with Android 2.0.
Google Maps Navigation uses your phone’s internet connection to give you the [...]
- I Love This Company - Here is an interesting video of Mr. Steve Ballmer the current CEO of the Microsoft Corp. He had four words for the people — “I love this company [Microsoft]“. He is very excited.
He is not ashamed of making it very clear what is number one is his [...]
- Around About Bayham - The Around About Bayham paper permitted me to posted the article they did on the Stuart and Orlena Weaver’s home bussiness so I thought I would do a quick post on their paper.
This 8-page paper is published every second and fourth Thursday. Register and you will be view all [...]
- A Family Business Lighting The Way - “Weaver’s Country Crafts, located on the Nova Scotia Line, is primarily a wholesale candle business operated by the entire Weaver family of nine.
The Weavers, Stuart, his wife Orlena, and their 7 children moved here four years ago from British Columbia looking to begin a new life with like-minded Christian [...]
- Skunk’s Head Caught In A Jar - I thought this was sweet. A newspaper carrier was doing her route when she found a skunk with its head caught in a peanut butter jar. She called Skunk Whisperer and Ned helped the skunk out.
It was handled just like it should have been. The skunk was not hurt, no [...]
- Wow Why Didn’t I Think Of That? - Did you ever see some new design and say Wow Why Didn’t I Think Of That? — Well I just said that two minutes ago.
The Wind Up Battery By Qian Jiang. All I can say is amazing!
- I Just Got Robbed By Wasps - I was feeling bad for the wasp that I hurt so I took them out some more honey and they swarmed me before I got the honey out of the spoon and onto the deck railing. Impatience little fellows. I had to drop the spoon and run for cover into [...]
- I Just Got Stung - So I had about 25 wasps on one finger and I tried to scrape them off after I took my picture and I pinned one and he stung me. I think next time I will just try to shake them off. I hope I didn’t hurt the little fellow. [...]
- I Like Wasps And Wasps Like Me - I feel bad for the wasps that hang around my door in the fall and want to come in and have some food. So quite often in the fall I will take out my honey jar and share with them. I didn’t get every many this morning but sometimes I [...]
- Processing Material From Compost Tumbler - Back in July 29th I picked up a compost tumbler and I just when through the process of emptying it and speading the compost material on my back lawn and flower beds. There was more work to this than I realized.
I am going to look into some way to [...]
- I Got A Buzz Job -
- Crasher Squirrel - I really like squirrels so I found this CNN article on “Crasher Squirrel” very amusing.
Web Goes Nuts For Crasher Squirrel
“Melissa and Jackson Brandts knew right away that the photo from their recent trip to Canada was a good one.
However, it wasn’t until the world — and National Geographic — [...]
- Rising Of The Galactic Center Of The Milky Way - Below is a compilation of pictures that show the rising of the Galactic Center of the Milly Way. They have been taken every 2 seconds over an nine hour period at a star party in Fort Davis, Texas.
- Hubble Space Telescope Pictures - There are an estimated 100,000,000,000 plus galaxies in the universe, and there are from 10,000,000 stars (for example Large Magellanic Cloud) to 1,000,000,000,000 stars (for example Andromeda Galaxy) in each galaxy.
Take some time and meditate on each of these pictures. Keep in mind there is some from 10 million to [...]
- Oh Be Careful Little Hands What You Do - This video was created by the Gwent police department in Wales and shown in schools as part of a deterrent lesson that shows the dangers of texting and driving.
I know this video is pretty harsh but then again accidents are harsh. So if this makes any of you out [...]
- I Am Going To Visit PEI - My flight to Charlottetown, PEI airport is booked. I arrive on Monday, August 24th at 16:29 AST. I will be staying at my parents, Ernest and Marian Mutch, for 8 days.
I have a 2hr 45min stop over in Halifax from 13:11AST to 15:55AST (Aug 24th) so if there is [...]