Food Dieting & Exercise
- 03-08-09 Exercise & Food - I weighed in this morning at 173.6 and after my bike/run/bike my weight was 173.0.
My run times were very similar to yesterday but I dropped 0:16 on my 1st leg bike, 0:42 on my run, and 0:19 on the last leg bike.
My bike back from Springwater park where [...]
- High And Low Calorie Finger Foods - Swap the following High Calorie Foods for the following Low Calorie Foods and you would loose 60lbs in a Year!
High Calorie Snacks:
Here is an example of a three high calorie finger foods you shouldn’t keep around for when you feel like you need a snack. Just to give you an [...]
- Learn The Number Of Calories Different Foods Have - One of the important things to learn is the gram/calorie ratio of difference foods.
The following is a list of 186 different bulk foods. When you buy foods you should start looking at the labels so you can see how many calories there is per gram.
Go over this list [...]
- 7 Tips For Weight Loss - After loosing 25lbs in ~2.5 month I am pretty clear on what the top tips for weight loss have been for me. It doesn’t matter what kind of a diet system you follow.
Your diet system may be a high carbs, low carbs, or a low fat diet it [...]
- 03-07-09 Exercise & Food - My weigh in this morning was 171.4 and my post run weigh was 170.6. On Sunday I am aiming for 169.8 post-cardio. That will put me 1 week behind in my 10lbs a month goal.
Either I am going to have to consume less calories or do more exercise to make [...]
- Costco Deals - I dropped into Costco to check prices on a few things and found these good deals.
Yogurt Bars Box of 18 $9.95
The package of 18 Yogurt bars have 6 strawberry bars. Seems strawberry bars are hard to find and certianly bars for $0.55 are not something you would [...]
- 03-06-09 Exercise & Food - My weigh in this morning was 171.8 and my post-workout weight was 170.6.
I picked up the pace on the bike this morning and I did better on changing from my clip on bike shoes to runners.
Looks like I found a CD Duplicator Printer System for sale in Guelph [...]
- 03-05-09 Exercise & Food - Morning weigh in was 173.6 and my post-run weight was 171.8.
171.8 is a new low for me and it was very hard for me to break out of the 172/173 range. I think I have been in the 172/173 range for over a week.
My body fat percent [...]
- 03-04-09 Exercise & Food - Weigh in was 173.8 and post-run weight was 173.0.
When I when for my run it was -5C, the sky was clear and there was no wind.
My legs seem to be getting sorer and I may need to take a break for a couple of days or do [...]
- Fruit Shakes Are Good For You - I am currently going with 3 meals a day and 2 fruit shakes in between and calling it 5 meals a day. Here I am making my afternoon shake of 180 calories. This is a good source of fiber (2 cups) and helps you drink 4 extra glasses of [...]
- Frozen Fruit Deal - It’s not even on sale but this is a very good deal. 5-fruit blend 2.75kg bag with no sugar added for only $11.99 at No Frills. That is $0.44 for 100g which is $1.22 for two large shakes. Can you say THAT’S A DEAL!
- 03-03-09 Exercise & Food - Weigh in was 174.6 and post-run weight was 172.8.
When I when for my run it was -8C, the sky was clear and there was no wind.
My run time was 41:40 and my average HR was 149bpm. When I did the 6.67km in 39:59 my average heart rate was 159bpm. [...]
- Cousin Vinnys Pizza In London - Cousin Vinny’s Pizza In London
The Inside Of Cousin Vinny’s Pizza In London
You may of noticed that from time to time there is pizza in my meals. Well I have been going to Cousin Vinny’s Pizza which is one block from Dundas/Richmond which is the main down town corner.
Pizza is not [...]
- Karvonen Exercise Heart Rate Calculation - I did some more research into hear rate and the fat burning zone. My Garmin Forerunner has calculated my maximum heart rate to be 184. My heart was up that high after I sprinting at the end of my 6.69km run the first day I used the Garmin. Typically [...]
- 03-02-09 Exercise & Food - Weigh in first thing this morning was 174.2 and after my fasted 6.69km run I weighed 172.6.
When I when for my run it was -8C, the sky was clear and it was windy. My run time was 45:04 and my average HR was 146bpm. I was happy [...]
- 03-01-09 Exercise Thoughts & Food - Weight in was 173.6 and post-run weight was 172.6 with my body fat percent at 19.2%. I am now 1 week behind my goal to loose 10lbs per month. My goal was to be 169.8 by March the 1st, 159.8 by April the 1st, and 154.8 by April the [...]
- 02-28-09 Exercise Thoughts & Food - My weigh in this morning was 174.4 which I thought was kind of high but after my run I weighed in at 172.4. I ran my 6.5km (Garmin says 6.67km) at 39:59. My average heart rate (HR) was 159bpm with my maximum going as high as 184bpm.
Garmin claims [...]
- Garmin Forerunner 305 Review - I ordered a Garmin 305 from GPS Central for $229.95 CDN plus GST ($241.45 CND total).
They are on the 2nd page for the key phase garmin forerunner 305 for sale canada so they were easy to find.
They also sell a number of replacement parts and accessories for the Garmin [...]
- Bike Riding In Snow - Today when I went for my bike ride it snowed. Driving a clip pedal bike when they the roads are slippy is asking for trouble. If you bike slips you are done as it is almost impossible to recover as your feet are clipped to the pedals.
My bike really got [...]
- 02-27-09 Exercise Thoughts & Food - Weighed in at 174.2 first thing and 173.0 after my 6.5km run. I tried to break 40min in my run this morning but I hit a stiff wind on the way back going North on Springwater Road. I ran 19:51 for the first 3.25km and 25:43 on the [...]
- 02-26-09 Exercise Thoughts & Food - Weighed in first thing this morning at 173.8 and 173.6 after my run. My body fat percent is 22.6%.
I ran my 6.5 with a shake that contained 1 cup of water and 9.5g of BCAA. I did the 6.5km in 41:43. This is 1:38 better than my best [...]
- Weight-loss Supplements Can Be A Health Hazard - The US Food and Drug Administration has an initiative against contaminated weight loss products. FDA has a web page listing weight loss products that are contaminated with various prescription drugs and chemicals.
FDA laboratory tests have revealed the presence of sibutramine, rimonabant, phenytoin, and phenolphthalein in some weight loss [...]
- My Fat Salad - Lean protein, fats, and vegetables is the order of the day. So I have come up with a fat salad that I will be dividing into each of my meals.
The Precision Nutrition System calls for 1/3 of your calories to come from fats. I made up [...]
- 02-25-09 Exercise Thoughts & Food - My weigh in this morning was 175.6. After my run my weight was 175.0 which is higher than I expected.
I am really looking forward to breaking into the 174’s so I am going to do a bike and Bowflex workout today also.
There are 3 days left and not much [...]
- 02-24-09 Exercise Thoughts & Food - Weighed in at 176.6 this morning and after my run 174.8. I took 3 cups of water and 2g of BCAA before my run and another 2g of BCAA when I got back.
I did the 6.5km in 43min 24sec which is 1km in 6.67mins or 9km per hour. I will [...]
« Prev - Next »