Food Dieting & Exercise
- August 10th Meals & Calorie Tax - I plan on blogging my meals for 25 days (this is my 1st day) on my way to a 10lb loss with my end target weight being 149.8lb. This series of posts will show you how easy it is to lose 10lbs in 25 days. The concept is easy but [...]
- Calorie Tax - That’s it! I will have two 500 calorie meals a day and after that every thing will be Calorie Tax. If I want to eat past 1000 calories I have to pay the calorie tax first. It will be very interesting to see how long I can keep this [...]
- Getting The Calorie Cost To Hit Home - My new Elliptical Trainer shows how many calories you burn as you go. Below you see my 100 grams of blue berries and 1/2 cup of rice milk. This treat is 93 calories. Before I ate it I got on my Elliptical Trainer and burned the 93 calories first. [...]
- Kijiji Is A Good Place To Shop - You can find a lot of good deals on Kjiji. While Aylmer, Ontario is a very small town, London is just 40 minutes away with a population of 352,395 and a very good london.kijiji section.
While a lot of people like london.craigslist I tend to go to kijiji [...]
- Tunturi C20 Elliptical Trainer - Yesterday I bought a used Tunturi C20 Elliptical Trainer off Kijiji. The Tunturi C20 retails for around $749. I thought it would be a good entry level unit for me to start with and if I make good use of it I will consider upgrading to an Elliptical Trainer that [...]
- Sweet Raspberry Salad Dressing - Anne Neufeld, a sister from the congregation I attend, gave me this great salad dressing recipe that I have been really enjoying that I want to share with you all. This Sweet Raspberry Salad Dressing is completely amazing!
For you weight watchers out there be warned, this dressing has [...]
- Fruit Shake - Here is the kind of shakes I am enjoying these days. Typically I am having 3 to 5 of these a day. I am using about 250ml of carrot juice in each 500g shake.
Strawberries, Papaya, Cherries, Pineapple, Frozen Blueberries, Frozen Raspberries, Dates, Almonds, Brazilian Nuts, Chia, and Carrot Juice.
- Average Speed On My Cervelo P2-SL - I purchased a Cervelo P2-SL back on March 29th and today I took it for its first 25km ride.
I pulled off 12.59km in 24:55 which was an average of 30.3km/h. I did my 5km run in 30:59 which is 9.68km/h. My best running speed for 5km is 10km/h.
On my [...]
- To Burns Lake - I had a very good bike and run on Friday with my post-workout weight 160.8. I biked from home base to the Vedder dike 12.5km in 27:58 and ran 5km in 29:58. I really gave it on the want back to home base and did the 12.5km in 25:39.
Shed building [...]
- 05-11-09 Exercies & Food - I took off work early today so I could bike 25km and run 5km.
For now I am just runnig 5km but I sure look forward to when my right leg is recovered enough to handle 10km with no problem. I am still suffering for the 20km run I [...]
- 05-02-09 Exercies & Food - I weighed in after my morning workout at 163.2. My work out was 12.5km bike to Vedder dike in 31:49, 5km run on Vedder dike in 31:05, and 12.5km bike back to home base in 30:43. My calorie burn for the 25km bike was 450 calories (25km x 18cal/km at [...]
- 04-24-09 Exercies & Food - I did a fasted 50km bike today in 2:05:24 and my post-workout weight was 163.2. I was trying to get my time under 2:00:00 but there was a good wind that I had to bike against on the way out to the Vedder River which is reflected in the [...]
- Calories Burned in Running vs Cycling - You want to know if you burn more calories running or cycling? If so read on.
I bike and run to burn calories and wanted to know the answer to this question myself. The following is what I found.
I had it in my mind that it took twice as long [...]
- 04-22-09 Exercise & Food - I am getting back on track with my diet and am trying to see if I had hit 159.8 which I am here in BC. I had a nice breakfast of a 500 gram Caesar salad and a 400 gram fruit shake this morning.
The Dole Caesar dressing that comes [...]
- 04-21-09 Exercise & Food - I had one of the Striploin Grilling Steaks that I picked up this morning. The steak was very good – I would rate it a 8 out of 10.
These steaks are about 1.25″ thick and I cooked them on the George for 5 minutes and they came out just with [...]
- Striploin Grilling Steaks - This morning I picked up a 1.8kg club pack of striploin steaks at Canadian Superstore in Chilliwack at 50% off. They were already at the amazing price of $17.60/kg and the 50% off bring the price down to $16.19 for 1.8kg. That ends up being $2.25 per 230 gram [...]
- 20km Run In 2.5 Hours - It was an overcast day and I didn’t resist the urge to double up on my run. 20km took me 2:35:35 which is very slow.
I picked a poor day to try to do a 20km run as I took Rex for a 4km run in the morning and I [...]
- Fruit Shakes - I have been eating 3 to 4 fruit shakes a day. With my magic bullet it is quick and easy to put together a quick fruit shake.
Here is a picture of some of the fruits I include in my fruit shakes.
Except for the banana all the fruits below are [...]
- Steamed Broccoli - Steamed Broccoli is a tasty low gram to calorie ratio food. There is 32 calories in 100g of Broccoli for a gram to calorie ratio of 1 to 0.32.
See my gram to calorie ratio list of bulk foods to see other low gram to calorie ratio foods.
Broccoli is a [...]
- Yes I Am Still Working Out - My April the 7th post-workout weight was 162.2lbs.
I got a good digital scales at the Super Store so I have been keeping an eye on my weight.
Since December the 16th, 2008 (3 months 24 days) I have lost 32.8lbs. My goal is to lose 40lbs in 4 months.
I have [...]
- 04-01-09 Exercise & Food - My post-workout weight minus gear etc. was around 165lbs. I didn’t pick up a digital scales yet so all I had to go by was your typical bathroom scales.
Since December the 16th, 2008 (3 months 16 days) I have lost 30lbs. My goal is to lose 40lbs in 4 months.
- 1987 Centurion LeMans RS 12-Speed - I found a nice road bike on abbotsford.kijiji.ca for $38 and had Pedal Sport tuned up the bike, add a water bottle bracket, and install a set of Look pedals. I got the pedals from Dan Douglas the ower for $49 (they were slightly used).
I brought the lock and [...]
- 03-30-09 Exercise & Food - No workout today as I am traveling to Chilliwack, BC. I will be back on April the 16th.
- Cervelo 2007 P2 SL Yellow - Since I am now biking 25km a day in my workout I decided that a bit better bike would be in order. Cervelo was the brand I wanted and I when with the P2SL triathlon model. I found one just my size on toronto.kijiji.ca.
Cervelo P2 SL 2007
The Cervelo P2 [...]
- 03-29-09 Exercise & Food - My workout weight including all my gear was 175.4. My post-workout weight minus gear etc. was 166.8.
Since December the 16th, 2008 (3 months 13 days) I have lost 28.2lbs. My goal is to lose 40lbs in 4 months.
1st leg 12.5km bike 31:53 burning 499 calories, it was getting to [...]
« Prev - Next »