- Harvest Is Plenteous, Laborers Are Few - The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few; Mat 9:37
Established Christians are called by the Word of God to go out into the world to lead sinners, backsliders, and the religiously deceived to Christ.
The call is to teach them to “observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you”, [...]
- How Is Your Soul Burden? - I was just thinking this morning, wouldn’t it be wonderful if every Christian could put it in their heart to win one soul for Jesus this year?
To lead one soul to Christ, follow up and disciple them, help them get established and then put in the new Christian’s heart [...]
- Word Study On All Things - I have been blessed lately by a number of scriptures on “all things” and wanted to share this short word study with you.
1. When we are saved all things become new.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, [...]
- Word Study On Faith - 1. Everyone is given a measure of faith.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the [...]
- God’s Part & Man’s Part in Salvation - The unsaved person is totally depraved.
Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
No one can come to Christ on their own. It is only though the awakening power of the Father – by the Spirit – that anyone would even think of [...]
- Unbiblical Teachings - Here is a list of unbiblical teachings that are accepted in some church groups:
Sin-you-must — teaches that you will continue to sin after being saved, and that a believer sins in word, thought, and deed daily. This teaching makes people easy prey to temptations and leaves them thinking that sin [...]
- Committing Sin Brings Spiritual Death - But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. — Gen 2:17
It is very important for Christians to understand what spiritual death is and what causes it, so that they [...]
- Marks of a Victorious Life - 1. Free from Sin — Free not just the penalty and the love of sin, but the power and the pollution of sin, and desiring to go and be with Jesus where they will be free from the presence of sin. They are not free from just practicing sin, nor [...]
- How to Increase in the Fruit of the Spirit - As good trees bring forth good fruit and corrupt trees bring forth evil fruit (Mat 7:17), so those that profess the name of Christ are known by their fruit (Mat 7:20). A good tree doesn’t bring forth corrupt fruit (Luk 6:43). Those that have received and understand the Word will [...]
- Growing in Grace - We are commanded of the Lord to grow in grace and the knowledge of God (2Pet 3:18). The Greek word χαρισ (charis) translated ‘grace’ is defined by the Thayer Greek Lexicon as “2a) of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to [...]
- Have You Brought Forth Much Fruit? - Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Joh 15:8 Luk 3:9
If you are truly saved, it will be your desire to bring honor to God. As it is a [...]
- Dating to Find Out if you are Compatible? - First, I stand strongly against dating as a method to find someone to marry. In my view, Christians should never date with the idea that they want to find out who they are compatible with. This is the way the world does it, and the fruit is many broken hearts.
- Leading Your Children to Christ - Children are very lovable. They are beautiful, very innocent, and when brought up in the fear of the Lord, they are the epitome of purity. Christian parents have the huge responsibility to raise up their children in a home of modesty and holiness and to lead them to Christ.
Children from [...]
- Tips for a Happy Happy Home - There is children’s song that goes “With Jesus in the family, happy happy home.” While this is true it takes some effort on the part of the brothers, sisters, and parents for this to happen.
The parents much lead the way with their example. Parents should read and follow the Tips [...]
- Devotional Books - The following are a number of good devotional books that emphasize practical Christian living. I suggest Christians spend sometime each day in a good devotional book. Many of the books below are not just to read through and then to be laid aside, but there is so much in [...]
- Instructions For New Christians - A New Christian Does Whatever the Lord Asks!
The following are points that every new Christian needs to prayerfully consider:
1. Accountability — Find an on-fire dedicated sin-free mature Christian of the same gender and ask them to disciple and mentor you, to be your prayer partner, and to hold you [...]
- Being Careful With Your Words - Many of the best learned lessons are when we make bad mistakes and learn the hard way. I can remember as though it was yesterday, a mistake I made about two years ago when I repeated some thing that someone had told me before I checked it out. [...]
- True Conversion - True Conversion to become Christ like, you first must be truly converted. If you’re living in willful disobedience to God (Eph 5:6), you are still in the kingdom of darkness and need to be translated into God’s kingdom (Col 1:13). There is no place for disobedience (Joh 14:24; 1Joh [...]
- How To Overcome Sin - The following are some pointers on how to gain victory over sin.
It is faith that gives overcoming victory in your spiritual life:
it is by faith that you stand (2Cor 1:24), by faith that you have victory over the world (1Joh 5:4), by faith that you quench all the fiery darts [...]
- Are Errors, Faults, and Mistakes Sin? - There is a large part of professing Christianity that considers errors, faults, and mistakes to be sin. If you ask them if they are free from sin they will boldly tell you we are all human and sin. If you ask them what kind of sins they are talking [...]
- Neither Foolish Talking Nor Jesting - But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. — Eph 5:3,4
Foolish talking – Μωρολογια Scurrility, buffoonery, ridicule, or what tends to expose another to [...]
- A Physician Analyzes the Crucifixion - A medical explanation of what Jesus endured on the day He died.
by Dr. C. Truman Davis*
Several years ago I became interested in the physical aspects of the passion, or suffering, of Jesus Christ when I read an account of the crucifixion in Jim Bishop’s book, The Day Christ Died. [...]
- Accountability to the Brethren - When someone is converted to Christ it is important for them as a new Christian to fellowship with other Christians, and if possible to find a congregation of spiritual people that clearly teach sin-free-living and emphasize practical Christian living.
The importance of being a part of a congregation and making yourself [...]
- Fruit of the Spirit - Love — Love to the whole human race, even to your persecutors: love to God and the brethren they had; love to all mankind they must also have. True religion is neither selfish nor insulated; where the love of God is, bigotry cannot exist. Narrow, selfish people, and people of [...]
- Guidelines for Resolving Conflicts in Your Marriage - When a Christian couple is first married, great care is taken by each to go the second mile, to give where ever they can, and the deep love they have for each other covers a multitude of faults. But as time moves on couples tend to take eachother for granted. [...]
« Prev - Next »