- Chess, News, Gadgets, and Jesus - Well my month of fasting from news and chess is almost over. I have been using the extra time taking care of projects with a couple of new business endeavers I have started.
In the last couple of days I have also cut back on my gadget blog reading and [...]
- What Is Your Life - All Will Have Troubles In This Life:
Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble. Job 14:1
Pleasures Of Sin Are Short:
The pleasures of sin [are] for a season. Heb 11:25
Life Is Short:
For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for [...]
- So You Want To Be More Spiritual In The New Year - The below list is are not in order of importance. Many of them are equally important.
In order for these to work you will have to be born again and living free from all willful or known sin.
“He that loveth me not keepeth not my saying” (Joh 14:24). Accord to [...]
- Take Time To Be Holy - Take Time To Be Holy
Do you spend as much time in the Word and prayer as you used to? Have you slide backward in your hungering and thirsting for God and his righteousness.
Have you grown cold in your soul? Has your first love been lost?
If you can’t testify you [...]
- Fasting - I humbled my soul with fasting. Ps 35:13
Humble yourselves. 1Pet 5:6
But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast. Mat 9:15
Can you receive the grace of humility by fasting?
When is the last time you fasted?
- Holy Devotions Equals Holy Living - How were you devotions this morning? Did you pray fervently, effectually, and in the Spirit? What about the Word? Did you feed on the word and receive a blessing to your soul?
Retiring early is one of the keys to rising early and having proper devotions.
What about your family prayer [...]
- Ready Set Action - Victor and I went over some of the action words of the New Testament. Here are things for us to do today.
Pray, Ask, Seek, Knock, Work, Perfect, Hunger, Add To, Give Diligence, Labor, Follow After, Lay Hold, Fight, Contend, Strive, Put Off, Put On, Increase, Walk, Run, Keep Under, Strive, [...]
- I Will Obey Right Away - Morning devotions for Tuesday.
–And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. And they [...]
- The Second Coming Of Christ - Here are some of the thoughts the Lord give me as I looked to the sky this morning during my morning devotions.
1. Start your morning in prayer that Christ will come. Look to the sky throught the window in your prayer closet and meditate on what it will be like [...]
- Pray Pray Pray - God calls his children to early morning prayer. Fervent, effectual, first-thing-in-the-morning, in the Spirit praying — pray pray pray and then pray some more!
To be an example to the believers this day we must meet God early on our knees to receive holy manna.
We must not let our hearts get [...]
- Ask For The Old Paths - For Friday morning devotions Victor and I discussed Jer 6:16 and ask for the old paths.
–For from the least of them even to the greatest of them, everyone is given to covetousness (to greed for unjust gain); and from the prophet even to the priest, everyone deals falsely.
They have [...]
- Experiencing The Presence Of God - For Thursday morning devotions Victor and I discussed the experiencing the presence of God. Here are some of our thoughts.
–”Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.” 139:5-6
David experienced the [...]
- Do You See Men As Trees - For Tuesday morning devotions Victory and I discussed the some of the following scriptures.
–”And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when [...]
- Abomination To God - If you would ask a typical Christian what sin God sees as an abomination most would quickly tell you homosexuality.
Victor and I did a study for this morning devotions on those things that God calls abominations.
It almost seems like God sees all sins as an abomination.
One area that [...]
- You Can Pray This Way - I had a beloved brother send me this by email.
What a way to pray for yourself and for others!
May the Lord
and keep you
and increase you
and multiply you
and grow you
and perfect you
and draw you nearer
and direct your heart into the love of God
and into the patient waiting for His [...]
- The Practice Of Self Denial - This morning for devotions Victor and I had a short Bible study on self denial.
“And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me” (Luk 9:23).
- Is Your Wick Trimmed - We started our work day with 1/2 hour of scripture sharing and prayer and the Lord really blessed our time of devotion.
Here are some of the thoughts we discussed.
–”Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and [...]
- I Hired Two New Workers - Victor Wiebe started working for me on October the 16th and John Banman started on November the 2nd. Today we decided to spend the first 1/2 hour of each morning in sharing of scriptures that the Lord has been revealing to us and in prayer.
Here are some of the things [...]
- 02-06-09 Morning Devotions - This morning I read though Ephesians 5 several times, and verse 10 really spoke to me.
The following are a number of different translations of Eph 5:10 that I cut and pasted from the Compare tab from my e-Sword Bible program.
And try to learn [in your experience] what is pleasing to [...]
- No Compromise-The Life Story of Keith Green - I read a chapter from Melody’s book ““No Compromise-The Life Story of Keith Green“, which gives her account of what happened at the Last Days Ministry community when Keith read a chapter from Finnny’s Lectures on Revival about breaking up your fallow ground.
This happening was referred to at the Last [...]
- God Answers Prayer - I was praying this morning and asking the Lord for safety on the dangerous roads as I was getting ready to go and pick someone up in London to take them to church meeting. I thought it was very interesting when the Lord clearly answered me.
He told me “if you [...]
- Are You Discouraged Or Complaining? - This morning in my Martyrs’ Mirror reading, I read the account of Hans Brael and I was very touched in my soul. If you think you are going through trials, are discouraged and have been complaining, please read the following account and be ashamed:
This dear brother was racked, put in [...]
- Martyrs Mirror: David and Levina -
In the year 1554, there was imprisoned at Ghent, in Flanders, for following Christ and living according to God’s commandments, a young brother named David, who, when examined, freely confessed his faith. Being asked what he thought of the sacrament, David said, that he considered it nothing else than idolatry.
- My Spiritual Needs - Bob at Spring Water outside Aylmer before going for his 4.27km run
Back in August I posted a list of my spiritual needs that I keep in my offline journal. I typically refer to these in my morning devotions and spend time in pray concerning them.
The list has not changed all [...]
- Devotional Books - The following are a number of good devotional books that emphasize practical Christian living. I suggest Christians spend sometime each day in a good devotional book. Many of the books below are not just to read through and then to be laid aside, but there is so much in [...]