Church of God Restoration
- Baby Give Me Some Time! - I was asked to take this poem down.
- Through The Merits Of The Work Of Restoration? - – A Way To heaven… Reopened Through The Merits Of The Work Of Restoration The Way To Be Saved –
Question: Does the Church of God Restoration believe that through their merits a the way to heaven is reopened or that through their merits a person can be saved?
Answer: Thank you [...]
- Is The Restoration A Legitimate Christian Group? - Question: Bob, why do you still treat them [the Church of God Restoration] like a legitimate group of followers of Jesus Christ?
Answer: I do accept the Restoration is a legitimate Christian group. But let me quality that position. I believe people are getting saved through the Restoration’s labors. I believe [...]
- I Love Jesus - This is a beautiful picture [of a person depicting Jesus]. I would suggest the Restoration members put this picture up on their wall instead of [take down] the picture of [their so called] apostle Danny Layne. Take him down and [don't] put up [a picture of a person depicting] Jesus!
- Go To The Restoration To See All The Good? -
Note: 01-21-2010 — I am no longer suggesting that people attend the Church of God Restoration Meetings to see all the good that is there. I am concerned that someone undiscerning might go there and join up with them only to find out they are not all that they say [...]
- Bob There Was Some Thing Wrong With You - Question: Bob have you realized that it was not a man or ideology that was all to blame but there was something wrong with you or you would not have so easily fallen prey to Restoration error.
Answer: To some degree, yes I have. All those that have been a part [...]
- Danny Layne - I was Googling up Danny Layne to show a person his picture only to find out there was no picture for him in Google Images. Google indexes my posts about 3 minutes after I make them public so there will be a picture of Layne in Google Images shortly.
Danny Layne [...]
- COGR Built On The Foundation Of An Adultery Group - Below is short review and link to a booklet published by D.S. Warner (1842-1895) on Marriage and Divorce and a letter by the Church of God Gospel Trumpet (est. 1881) ministers that was issued during a ministers assemble at the General Camp Meeting at Moundsville, W. VA June 1901.
These two [...]
- No-Sectism - The following is a short editorial written by B.T. Roberts and published in ‘The Free Methodist’ paper on No-Sectism, in which Roberts notes that no-Sectism groups are “ferocious bigotry” and “prolific breeder of sectarianism”.
While I was not able to find what year this editorial was written, it would have been [...]
- Pentecostals Shouting as the Glory Came Down -
Take the ties off the men, put the women’s hair up in a bun and give them longer dresses, remove the instruments, stop the clapping, and change the words to the “Restoration Version,” and you would have all the excitement of a shouting, jumping, running, praising Church of God Restoration [...]
- ‘Since You Left the Restoration’ Questionnaire - Someone kindly forwarded a list of questions that an ex-Restoration member emailed to a number of people requesting answers for a documentary they are making concerning their “9th anniversary of our escape/change in life”.
I think they were very good questions, and they brought to my mind some of the positive [...]
- Sects and No-Sects - False Doctrines and Fanaticism Exposed- by E.E. Shelhamer
7. Sects And No-Sects
All the deplorable splits in this age of splits has resulted from the fallacy which permitted graceless leaders to lord it over God’s heritage. Dear reader, this may shock you, and you may say it is not true of [...]
- ‘Radical Righteousness’ by Wallace Thornton - I am currently reading ‘Radical Righteous — Personal Ethics and the Development of the Holiness Movement’ by Wallace Thornton. Yet another book from Russell’s library.
This book traces the development and influence of personal ethics and outward standards from the start of Wesley’s ‘holy clubs’ up to the mid to late [...]
- Inconsistencies of No-Sects - ‘The Ups and Downs of a Pioneer Preacher’ by E.E. Shelhamer
5. Inconsistencies of No-Sects
After Three Years Absence Returns Home — Experience With The “No-Sects” — Their Inconsistencies and Destructive Work.
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out [...]
- Speeches on Perfect Love - I am reading a book called ‘Speeches on Perfect Love’, which contains six speeches on the subject of ‘entire sanctification’, compiled by Hiram Mattison. This book is another gem from Russell Stephenson’s library.
This book has an 8-page introduction into the controversy that happened at the Methodist Episcopal Preachers’ meeting in [...]
- 10 Difficult Questions for the Restoration - Here are 10 difficult questions to ask the Restoration. Each of them are true.
1. Is it true that there have been cases in the Restoration group where Restoration members have been told they were not saved because they sought medical help?
2. Is it true that there have been cases in [...]
- Church of God Restoration Revival Meetings - Note: 01-21-2010 — I am no longer suggesting that people attend the Church of God Restoration Meetings. I am concerned that someone undiscerning might go there and join up with them only to find out they are not all that they say they are. In fact I am now suggesting [...]
- The R, Friday the 13th, Cracks, Ladders, and Black Cats - Too funny! I just realized it was Friday the 13th.
I would like to say that I am not scared of Friday the 13th at all. God is in control.
Often when I walk down the street I purposely step on as many cracks as I can. When I [...]
- Church of God Restoration Movement Dating -
Daniel S. Warner and the earlier ministers of the Church of God (Anderson) taught that the restoration of the church was prophesied by the Old Testament Prophets, in the New Testament, and in the book of Revelation.
- Updated COGR Booklet - I am republishing My Experience With The Church Of God Restoration booklet with 3 new articles. There are pictures with all the articles, and a picture of the local COGR chapel here in Aylmer is on the front of cover.
This post is my 172nd post, and out of these, 12 [...]
- Sectarianism - What is a definition of sectarian?
Sectarianism is bigotry, discrimination, intolerance or hatred arising from attaching importance to perceived differences between subdivisions within a group, such as between different denominations of a religion or the factions of a political movement.
– Wikipedia: Sectarian
- A Call To Repentance - To Condemn Me To Hell Because I Don't Believe That The Church of God (Restoration) Is The One True Visible Church, And All Other Congregations Are Of The Devil And False Is Worse Than The Attitude Of This Poor Bigoted Boy!
I want to express my love to my Christian [...]
- Sect OTVC: Bubble, Babble, Babel! - The key to one true visible church (OTVC) teaching is the word visible. All true Christians understand that there is only one church (Eph 4:4) and that all the saved are the members of that one church which is in heaven and earth (Eph 3:15).
Most would agree that the New [...]
- My Experience With The Church of God Restoration - I have just written two new articles on the Church of God Restoration. I have put them in booklet form with the other 4 articles and renamed the booklet to My Experience With The Church of God Restoration.
The 6 articles I put in the booklet that are in the Church [...]
- One True Visible Church (OTVC) Fruit - I think one of the keys that will unravel the OTVC teaching is to have it applied to you. To me, this was a big shock! I believed that I would never be put out of the Church of God Restoration, as I was a Christian – and they wouldn’t [...]