Membership with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) is $300/yr for 1 to 5 employees. There are a number of benefits to being a member of the BBB.
I have been a BBB member for 4 years now and over that time I have had 30,000 visitors view the BBB Reliability Report for SEO Company.
1. People are more likely to buy from a BBB accredited business.
2. Membership Identification Program — You can display the BBB logo on your website and your business. This helps remove the objects that a prospective customer might have about doing business with a company they have never done business with before.
3. BBB Accredited Business Directory (Pagerank 5) — You business website will get a number of links from the BBB Business Directory. My business gets links from 3 different categories Web Design, Internet Services, and Internet Marketing Services. In each of those categories I get links from 8 different towns.
For example here are the 8 towns for Web Design. Web Design London Ontario, Web Design Delaware Ontario, Web Design Aylmer Ontario, Web Design Sparta Ontario, Web Design St Thomas Ontario, Web Design Springfield Ontario, Web Design Brownsville Ontario, and Web Design Tillsonburg Ontario.
These links will give you click through traffic and ranking weight with the Search Engines.
4. Member to member discounts, discounts with Esso and Petro Canada, MasterCard and Visa merchant discounts, and a number of other benefits.
5. Customers know you have made a commitment to follow the 8 principles of BBB.
a) Build Trust — Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
b) Honest Advertisement — Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
c) Tell the Truth — Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.
d) Be Transparent — Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.
e) Honor Promises — Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
f) Be Responsive — Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in
g) Safeguard Privacy — Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their
h) Embody Integrity — Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and
commitments with integrity.